Hon’ble Prime Minister envisioned Housing for All by 2022 when the Nation completes 75 years of its Independence. With this reference, Central Government has launched a comprehensive mission “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (Urban)”.
Maharashtra has been given a target of construction of 19.40 Lakhs houses by 2022. In order to achieve this target and increase the pace of effective implementation of the Mission, Government of Maharashtra has formed “Maharashtra Housing Development Corporation Ltd.”, hereafter referred as “MahaHousing” with a primary objective of construction of 5 lakhs Affordable Houses across the state of Maharashtra by year 2022.
Establishment of MahaHousing
MahaHousing is incorporated under Indian Companies Act 2013 on 28th January 2019. With the Govt G.R. NO. mahahousing/2017/CR 161/GND-2 dtd. 11/12/2018, the structure of MahaHousing Board is established and on 8th February 2019, First meeting of Board of Directors of MahaHousing was held. Following are the First Directors of the Company.
|1.||Hon’ble Chief Minister – Maharashtra||Chairman|
|2.||Hon’ble Minister – Housing, GoM||Additional Chairman|
|3.||Hon’ble Rajendra Mirgane||Joint Chairman|
|4.||Hon’ble Additional Chief Secretary, Housing Department, GoM||Director|
|5.||Hon’ble Principle Secretary (UD-2), GoM||Director|
|6.||Hon’ble Vice President and Chief Executive Officer – MHADA||Director|
|7.||Hon’ble Chief Executive Officer – SRA||Director|
|8.||Hon’ble Managing Director SPPL||Director|
|9.||Hon’ble Chairman NIT||Director|
|10.||Hon’ble Commissioner MMRDA||Director|
|11.||Hon’ble Vice Chairman and Managing Director – CIDCO||Director|
|12.||Hon’ble CEO NHB||Director|
|13.||Hon’ble Chief Executive Officer||Managing Director|
Objectives & Functions of Corporation
Key objective of the corporation shall be develop Mega Projects (Townships with about 5,000 houses) of Affordable Housing under Pradhan Mnatri Awas Yojana (Urban) in the state of Maharashtra.
The key functions and responsibilities of the corporation include:
- To construct minimum 5 Lakh affordable houses for EWS, LIG and MIG category by 2022
- To develop Mega Projects on their own or in collaboration with other Government Organisations or private developers as per the provisions made by state and central government.
- Development of new affordable housing towns in accordance with the provision of Town Planning Act and Integrate the projects of affordable housing with overall city development plan and other schemes / initiatives of state and central government.
- To manage all lands, houses and buildings or other property vested in, or belonging to MahaHousing
- To raise resources for the purpose of carrying out the objective of MahahHousing and subject to the directions, if any, made by Government of Maharashtra, to make suitable allocation of resources
- Encouraging innovative models / technologies for developing affordable housing
- Ensure quality in Affordable Housing Projects through third party consultants
- Ensuring fair and transparent allocation of Allotment of houses to the eligible people.
- To lay down policies for construction of Affordable Housing Mega Projects with prior approval from Government of Maharashtra
- To do all such matters and things as necessary for the exercise or performance of all or any of the functions and duties of MahaHousing including incurring of expenditure in that behalf.